In this article we will discuss about How to Apply Fresh Passport | Renewal Passport | and types of passport | Check passport Status | passport Fees | How to get appointment | Police Verification and much more.
Types Of Passport in India
There are mainly 3 types of passport in india.
- Ordinary Passport (Dark Blue) is issued to ordinary citizens for ordinary travel, such as for vacation, study and business trips (36 or 60 pages). It is a “Type P” passport, where P stands for Personal.
- Official Passport (White cover) is issued to individuals representing the Indian government on official business. It is a “Type S” passport, S stands for Service.
- Diplomatic Passport (Maroon cover) is issued to Indian diplomats, top ranking government officials and diplomatic couriers. It is a “Type D” passport with D stands for Diplomatic
Passport Application Fees:-
- ₹1500 – Fresh issuance or reissue of passport (36 pages, standard size) with 10 year validity.
- ₹2000 – Fresh issuance or renewal of passport (60 pages, ‘jumbo’ size) with 10 year validity.
- ₹3500 – First time applicant or renewal with expedited (‘tatkaal’) service (36 pages) with 10 year validity.
- ₹4000 – First time applicant or renewal with expedited (‘tatkaal’) service (60 pages) with 10 year validity.
- ₹1000 – Fresh passport issuance for minors (below 18 years of Age) with 5 year validity or till the minor attains the age of 18, whichever is earlier.
- ₹3000 – Duplicate passport (36 pages) in lieu of lost, damaged or stolen passport.
- ₹3500 – Duplicate passport (60 pages) in lieu of lost, damaged or stolen passport.
Emigration Check Required (ECR) and Emigration Check Not Required (ECNR)
Holders of Emigration Check Required (ECR) type passports need a clearance called an Emigration Check from the Government of India’s Protector of Emigrants when going to selected countries on a work visa (especially the unskilled and less-educated) ( विशेष रूप से अकुशल और कम शिक्षित व्यक्ति )
- Emigration Check Not Required (ECNR) status passports are granted to:
- Indian nationals born abroad;
- Indian nationals holding at least a 10th certificate
- All holders of diplomatic or official passports.
- All gazetted government servants;
- All income-tax payers (including agricultural income-tax payers) in their individual capacity;
- All graduate and professional degree holders (such as doctors, engineers, chartered accountants, scientists, lawyers, etc.);
- Spouses and dependent children of category of certain holders of ECNR passports;
Documents Required For Passport
Proof Of Address: –
|2||Telephone (landline or postpaid mobile bill)|
|4||Income Tax Assessment Order|
|5||Election Commission Photo ID card|
|6||Proof of Gas Connection|
|7||Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head|
|8||Spouse’s passport copy (First and last page including family details mentioning applicant’s name as spouse of the passport holder), (provided the applicant’s present address matches the address mentioned in the spouse’s passport)|
|9||Parent’s passport copy, in case of minors(First and last page)|
|12||Photo Passbook of running Bank Account (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only)|
Date Of Birth Proof
|1||Birth Certificate issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths or the Municipal Corporation or any other pr escribed authority,whosoever has been empowered under the Registration of Birth and Deaths Act, 1969 to register the birth of a child born in India|
|2||Transfer/School leaving/Matriculation Certificate issued by the school last attended/recognized educational board|
|3||Policy Bond issued by the Public Life Insurance Corporations/Companies having the DOB of the holder of the insurance policy|
|4||Copy of an extract of the service record of the applicant (only in respect of Government servants) or the Pay Pension Order (in respect of retired Government Servants), duly attested/certified by the officer/in-charge of the Administration of the concerned Ministry/Department of the applicant|
|6||Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC) issued by the Election Commission of India|
|7||PAN Card issued by the Income Tax Department|
|8||Driving License issued by the Transport Department of concerned state Government|
|9||A declaration given by the Head of the Orphanage/Child Care Home on their official letter head of the organization confirming the DOB of the applicant|
Check out this link for which documents will you have need when you apply passport. Click this link and select Type of application (2) Applicant Category (3) ECR or Non ECR.
To Apply Passport Fresh Passport/Renewal Passport
- First You Need to Go this website :– https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink#
- Second Step – click New User Registration after that fill all the information which will show in registration page.
- Third Step– When will you click on Register Button one account activation Email will sent in your Registered email id. Open email account then click link Which was sent while registering and then once you click on link your account will be activated.
- Fourth Step:- login with Your User name and password. click Fresh and Renewal Passport and fill the information.
Appointment Availability :- https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/apptAvailStatus
Track Application Status| Check Passport Application Status